Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?
When I watched Randy Paucsh's video, it felt good to want to become a teacher .Randy is a man that is diagnosed with cancer and accepts that he has to live with this. Although, he has this life changing problem it does not prevent him from doing what he wants to do. In this video Randy talks about 3 main points his childhood dreams, helping others fulfill their own dreams, and how to achieve the dreams.

His dream was to work at the imagineering team at Disney, but ended up being a professor. He choose to be a teacher instead of following his dream and help students find there dreams. He even told a student he had a dreamed of working on Star Wars movies, which the student did achieve after graduating.It was interesting how much happiness he found in inspiring others to learn. The ways that he found to make learning the hard stuff enjoyable was great and made me relize how important teaching can be. This made me feel that I can teach and motivate my children to do great and wonderful things,I hope. It would be great if I could motivate my students to do great things.

Randy Pausch Photo

2 comments:

  1. Patrick,
    Good post. Randy is a very positive man even though he is battling cancer. He has inspired me to be the best teacher I can be. If you have faith, you can motivate your students once you become a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have so much to learn from Randy.

    Overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete