Saturday, October 4, 2014

Blog Post #7

I think it's hard to say what my strengths and weaknesses are. My weaknesses are that I am very forgiving, meaning I try to help to much, I also feel that I can be a little bossy at times. I think that my strengths are having an open mind to things and also wanting to help other's out with problems. When I start being around children more I think I will be able to tell what strenghts and weaknesses I really have. I think going into classes will be very educational for me because I really don't know how to control a class of students at this time.

The How To Make A QR Code Video was different to me. I had never seen this before. Ms. Bennett's video instructions were very good and very easy to follow the instructions. This may help students learn better by being able to listen to their own voices.

The IPad Centers video taught me different ways to teach students how to read better. It was interesting how students were looking at themselves reading, and then correcting their mistakes. This is a good way to for children to better their reading skills.

The next video was Poplet as a Center. This video was very interesting because I have never heard of Poplet. It seems like a very useful tool that is easy to use. My step daughter uses this at her school.

The AVL As A Kindergarten Center video is about kindergarten classes using Alabama Virtual Library to help find information about things they are learning. I actually used this in college some. I did not know that Alabama Virtual Library would read to the students.

The video Mrs. Shirley's Discovery Education Board.. It was very interesting for me. This is something I never heard of before, and seems to be very easy to use. It looks like the information is easy to gain through the Discovery Education. The Moon Project was done great and the information was very informative about the Moon.

In the videos Mrs. Tassin's 2nd Grade Students Share Board Builder Project Part and Mrs. Tassin's 2nd Grade Students Share Board Builder Project Part 2, students learned how to do upload pictures and do research to the board. These projects in these videos were done very well. I did not know children knew this much about these things. I am in college now and I'm just finding out how to do this, look how far ahead of me they are.

The next video was Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten. It is so wonderful that kindergarten students can do the work to make iMovie Book Trailers. I'm just learning how to do that. The things the children are learning and being able to do is just incredible.

The video We All Become Learners has a message that is meant to say that everyone teaches someone something at some point in life. So by saying this we will always be learning, it will be a never ending process.

Students Learning

2 comments:

  1. Patrick,
    After reading your blog post I have a few suggestions. The link you posted, you can have it as a link. Another thing I noticed is you're missing alt and title modifiers. But you did a great job adding in links in your above post. Also, I definitely agree with you about the QR codes. I thought the video was very easy to follow.
    Great reading your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall, good job.

    You did not do your alt and title modifiers correctly. If you need help then you need to see a lab assistant.

    ReplyDelete