Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blog Post #6

The question Dr. Strange asked was, "What did you learn from these conversations with Anthony Capps?".

Here are the links.

Project Based Learning Part 1:Experiences of 3rd Grade Teacher

Project Based Learning Part 2:Experiences of 3rd Grade Teacher

iCurio

Discovery Education

The Anothony- Strange Tips for Teachers Part 1

Don't Teach Tech - Use It

Additional Thoughts Abouts Lessons

This was a lot of information, but I learned so much from the conversations between Dr. Strange and Anthony Capps. It was very nice to know how much knowledge Mr. Capp's 3rd grader's had. Their schooling has changed so much since I was in school. We did not use computers and other things. Teaching styles are very different from when i was in school. I wish I could have had some of those resources when I was in school. I never had technology in my classrooms, because that was not offered at the time. It is a great thing to be in schools today.

These videos made me learn that everyone is a learner, and also everyone is a teacher. This is right, I know I could learn a lot from Mr. Capps' 3rd graders. They would probaly teach me more then i already know at this point. Because, I don't know everything. I do think that a teacher needs to know how do certain things, like using GoogleDocs, making an iMovie, or how to upload videos to Youtube. I would try my best to guide my students if they were really stuck. I would question them to lead them to figure out how to solve their on problems. If they cannot figure it out after trying, I will Take extra time and give them more understanding. I want to make my class fun, but also push my students to do the best they can do.

Kids Raising Hands

2 comments:

  1. Good post, try and resize your picture on your blog post. It is so big that the readers cannot see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patrick, my name is Javious Williams. I totally agree that the conversations between Dr. Strange and Anthony Capps were a lot of information to take in all at once, but the information was very helpful and beneficial to all future educators. The schools systems have changed a lot even since I was in school as well. My nieces and nephews are much smarter than I was when I appeared to be their age. Thank God for the 21st century teaching skill!! Overall, I enjoyed reading your post. You made some excellent points regarding the conversations from the videos. As she mentioned in the comment above, your picture is extremely too large and it is covering up part of your side bar, that is nothing major because I have the same problem all the time due to the type of layout I chose for my blog. When you upload your pictures, you may want to choose the smallest image size, that way your pictures will not be as large as they are. I also think you can customize your own image size so that you can be sure the picture fit properly.

    ReplyDelete