Saturday, September 13, 2014

Blog #4

What do we need to know about asking questions to be an effective teacher?

I feel that we, as teachers need to be able to ask better questions. From reading Three ways to ask better questions I learned that you should have prepared questions. You as a teacher should be prepared before class. Also, you should have questions to ask before and after class to make your kids engage in the learning while also seeing if that are getting the lesson plan you are teaching. There also is a preserved question, which is a question asked by a student that is a really good question. It can be brought up in other classes and help other students. That's a question worth keeping in your lesson plan.

I always thought when I asked a child a questions I wanted the best answer I could get. After watching Asking better question in the classroom I feel that there are better ways to ask the question so you can get a better response from your students. You can word the question so that you can get a thought about answer or a yes or no answer.

In doing this I realize that they are a lot of different ways to be an effective teacher. One there will always be ways to teach you to become a better teacher. You will have to take the time a learn the best way to be an effective teacher.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pat! Good thoughts overall! I really liked your comment on keeping a preserved question and using it to help drive thinking in different classes or to clear up a topic. I also very much agree on having questions prepared before class so you aren't stumped during class on what to ask or asking useless questions. I noticed in the 3rd to last sentence in your 1st paragraph, "there" is not capitalized. Also, in the second to last sentence in the same paragraph, student should probably be plural. Asking good, thought provoking questions as addressed in paragraph 2 is definitely essential. I also noticed that in the second sentence in the second paragraph that "they are" would make more sense as "there are". It also occurs in the beginning of the third paragraph in the first sentence. I would also look at the second sentence in the same paragraph. It doesn't make much sense. You had great thoughts throughout your post and I really like your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "there also is a preserved question,…" Start sentences with capitals.

    "...and help other student." students, not student

    "I feel that they are better ways …" there, not they

    Natalie all three of these mistakes. Proofread and you should catch them too.

    ReplyDelete